What Does the Warranty Cover?
Milner’s Pty Ltd is the sole Australian importer of Tanita branded products and warrants to the original purchaser that all Tanita products purchased from an authorised stockist in Australia and Tanita Australia E-commerce website will be free from defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Any product deemed faulty in terms of materials and/or workmanship that is returned to Milner’s or the original place of purchase within the warranty period (together with proof of purchase) will be replaced free of charge by Milner’s. Milner’s will bear any expenses associated with claiming the warranty, including postage costs associated with the return of the faulty product to Milner’s for inspection.
This warranty applies only to products purchased from an authorised Tanita retailer and Tanita Australia E-commerce website and is void if the product has been tampered with or mistreated, or if the defect is related to servicing or parts not supplied by Tanita Australia. Our obligation under this warranty is limited solely to the charge of repairing the product, plus the cost of parts or, at the option of TANITA, replacing the product with an equivalent model. There are no express or implied warranties except as listed above.
Tanita is not liable for incidental or consequential damages for failure or malfunction of the product and any recovery may not be greater than the purchase price paid for this product.
Who is Covered?
The original purchaser of the product must have proof of purchase (receipt) to receive warranty service.
Dealers or retail stores selling Tanita products do not have the right to alter, modify, or any way change the terms and conditions of this warranty. No person is authorised to change the terms of this warranty.
What is Excluded?
The warranty does not apply:
- to any defect or failure attributable to accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, or non-adherence to the prescribed operating instructions on the part of the user, or to improper installation or connection to an inadequate or faulty power source;
- if the product has been serviced or repaired by any party not expressly authorised by Milner’s to do so;
- if any serial number has been removed or defaced;
- if the product is used outside the mainland of Australia;
- the warranty does not cover accidental or/and natural disasters such as fire and flood.
- if the product is repossessed under any finance agreement.
If your scale is faulty and still under Tanita 5 year warranty please refer to the Returns Policy section of this website under Request a return section for more instructions on how to do a warranty claim.